This page presents the stages of creating the laboratory for the ExplorEcolab project.
- Aquarium and white Osaka furniture bought : tank 155 L 61 x 45 x 61 cm, furniture 72 x 45 x 70 cm
- Environmental conditions
- Programmable misting system Exo Terra MD 8 liters
- Red film
- Sand of organic agriculture
Steps of creating the laboratory
- cutting the plastic plates for the creation of the Lasius niger observation vivarium
- gluing the plate supports.
- substrate sterilization step
- installation of red film to create darkness conditions for the nest because ants do not see the red (Martinez, 2013)
- incorporation of sterilized substrate
Creation of the living space of the butterfly Polyommatus icarus and its host plants
- incorporation of clay balls
- incorporation of sterilized compost