The objectives of the ExplorEcolab experiment are:
2) apply different climate change scenarios in the laboratory to better understand the climate-symbiosis relationship.
To achieve these two objectives, different experiments are explained below.
Experiment 1: Integration of host plants of the Polyommatus icarus butterfly into the laboratory
- Identification of a Trifolium repens, Lotus corniculatus meadow at Grand-Chemin (44, France) for the collection of plant specimens
- Species identification
- Collection of clumps of soil with targeted species
- Sampling of specimens in clumps and planting of plants in the laboratory
- Seed seeds in July 2019
- After one month in August 2019
- After 2 monts in September 2019
- Development of white spots on plant leaves and small black dots corresponding to the development of small plant parasitic insects called thrips
- Thrips control test with blue sticky traps
- Thrips control failure: replacement of substrate with a new sterilized substrate in January 2020
- In March 2020 : Seed of seeds harvested the year before in 2019