The objectives of the ExplorEcolab experiment are:
2) apply different climate change scenarios in the laboratory to better understand the climate-symbiosis relationship.
To achieve these two objectives, different experiences are explained below.
Experiment 1: Integration of host plants of the Polyommatus icarus butterfly into the laboratory
- Identification of a Trifolium repens, Lotus corniculatus meadow at Grand-Chemin (44, France) for the collection of plant specimens
- Species identification
- Collection of clumps of soil with targeted species
- Sampling of specimens in clumps and planting of plants in the laboratory
- Setting up the lighting and the misting system